I think Im grounded from Target!

Monday, August 31, 2009

As most of you know, (does anyone actually read my blog??) I love my coupons! Well Target is one of the best places to use coupons because you can actually use 2 coupons per item. You can use a Manufacture Coupon and then you can use a Target coupon. Well last night I sat down and made a list of everything I was going to get at Target. I had about 20 items, so I had 40 coupons! Now I admit that is alot to hand over at the end of my transaction, so I try to go during a time when I know there is not going to be a crowd or long line behind me. I was at Target at 7:57am this morning, they open at 8am. I had my list ready and got all of my items on it. When I got up to pay the cashier, lets call her "Lucy", told me I could not use 2 coupons for one item. I tried to tell her the rules for coupon stacking, one manufacture, one Target. She did not believe me and called her manager over. The manager told "Lucy" that I was correct, I could use 2 coupons. "Lucy" did not like that I was right and she was wrong. "Lucy" was not very nice to me during the rest of the transaction! Im trying to buy ahead so when baby comes, I wont have to spend lots of money. I had 3 coupons for 1.00 off a Gerber Feeding Accessory. I bought 3 bottles that were .99. "Lucy" informed me that bottles were not a feeding accessory. Im still pondering that one, but told me I could not use those 3 coupons. Ok, whatever, I just paid for the bottles and told myself I would take them back during lunch. ( I still saved 56.00, but that is my next post.)
Soooo, on my lunch break, because I went back to Target for something else, I took the 3 bottles to customer service for a return. GUESS who was working at customer service?? "LUCY"!!!!
By this time Im wishing I would have changed my shirt or something so she wouldn't recognize me! I just quickly told her I wanted to return these, and got my money back. I went to get what I came for, a Febreeze Luminary (which is an awesome candle) They were 14.99 and I had a $4.00 coupon. Kinda a splurge, but those things are awesome! Anyway, when I went to check out, the lady hit total and closed the sale BEFORE scanning my coupon. I asked her if she could cancel it and she said no. If I wanted to get refunded my $4.00, I would have to go to customer service. Hello "LUCY" Again!!!! So I explained what happened to "Lucy" and this time she was very nice, (maybe she didnt recognize me) and refunded my money.
I don't think Target liked me today!!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Imagine a million Lucy's everywhere you go. Now you know how EVERYONE acts in Colorado. I was walking my dog one day at the park and a lady pulled HER CAR OVER and screamed PICK UP YOUR DOG SH**! He's standing there doing his business. I'm holding a BAG in MY HAND. I just screamed back "Shall I wait for it to clear his butt or would you like me to pull it out for him?" Freaks and fools. The world is full of them.