Coupon Class!!!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

This morning I took a coupon class with Heather over at http://www.allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/ and her friend Kirby (Im not sure of Kirbys blog address)
They taught us how to shop smart at Kroger! They are wonderful money savers and I learned alot! Thank you Heather and Kirby for hosting such a wonderful class!
They are talking about doing another class soon, So as soon as I find out that information, I will post it on my blog!

Today at Kroger, for one day only, they doubled coupons upto and including $1.00! This is very rare and apparently they only do it once a year!
I learned that you can upload coupons to your Kroger card, I wasn't aware of that. These can be combined and used with your manufacture coupons! That is awesome!
I also learned how to cook chicken breast that come with the bone. I have always bought boneless, skinless chicken breast because I was "scared" to cook chicken with the bone. I just didnt know what to do with it!
Also, Kroger has always been my grocery store of choice, but unless you use coupons and ads, they are somewhat more expensive than HEB or Walmart, meaning that I buy alot of groceries at Target. I am a Walmart snob. I hate it. I always have a bad experience when I go in there, either with the checker or another person!
They also taught us some smart ways to shop at Target, so with the info I learned today, I can shop at my 2 favorite places, Kroger and Target, and never have to set foot into those other stores!

Here is a picture of what all I bought today!
My total before Kroger savings and coupons was $135.00



After Kroger savings and doubling all of my $1.00 coupons (that is ALL I used today)
I paid $60.47 AWESOME!!

Frozen/Cold Food
-Tony's Cheese Pizza
-Tony's Pepperoni Pizza
-Jose Ole Mini Tacos
-Cinnamon Toast Eggos
-2 cans Grand Biscuits (both were FREE)
-Carton Egg Beaters
-Sarah Lee Cheesecake Bites
-YoPlus Yogurt
-Fruit Chillers
-Gallon Borden milk

Paper Products
-Pampers (50ct)
-Pampers Sensitive Skin wipes (FREE)
-9 pk Scott Paper Towels
-4 ct Scott toilet paper
-Playtex tampons

Toiletries
-Skintimate shave gel (got for FREE)
-Colgate Total toothpaste
-Neosporin
-Act mouthwash
-Olay shower lotion

-Kitchen/Cleaning
-2 packs disposable kitchen gloves (got both for FREE)
-2 pk Glade refills

Pet Supplies
-Iams Cat food
-Pedigree dog food
-Pedigree Good Bites dog treats
-Pedigree Jumbone dog treats

Snacks
-True Delights snack bars
-A&W Dessert Topper
-Pace Specialty Salsa
-2 cans Pringles
-Macaroni Grill Chicken Alfredo meal kit
-Dole Pineapples & Lime snack

Thanks again Heather and Kirby!!!

4 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

Look at you go! We're super proud of you!

Heather

Sandel said...

You will have to fill me in, I was sad that we could not go. Maybe we can see if we can do a class in Madisonville. I know we could get a ton of people.

Kirby said...

Way to go, Brandy! We are SO proud! Can't wait to see your stockpile grow!

Lisa Smith said...

Wow!! I was just curious how the class went...looks like a hit!

Btw your wedding pic is beautiful! :)