2nd week of grocery shopping & Saving!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Today I went to Kroger for my weekly shopping trip! I am learning more each time about using coupons and discounts in order to save the most money. My total BEFORE handing over my Kroger card and coupons was $96.73. After coupons and Kroger discounts, I paid $33.79 for 44 items!!
I bought alot of snack foods because I would rather snack 12 times a day than eat a whole meal! Im just not every really hungry! Pre-pregnancy I was starving ALL of the time! Go figure! So that is why you see lots of snacks, I did try to buy healthy ones though...The only thing Im not sure about are the two packs of cheezy noodles. I've never bought those, but if no one seems interested in them, I will donate them to the church food drive. That is my plan, if it is cheap or free get it anyway and then donate it! The 3 boxes of Trix cereal are hard to see in this pic...



2-1 pound packs of hamburger meat (85/15%)
1 pack of breakfast sausage
2 frozen leamonade cups (Kelseys after school treat)
1 bag Green Giant Frozen corn in butter sauce
1 box Apple Toaster Strudel
1 box Cinnamon Toaster Strudel
1 pack Fiber One Key Lime Pie yogurt
2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
5 bags of Quaker Rice Cake snacks in different flavors
1 bag Clementine Oranges
1 single serve Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk
1 jar Dill pickles
4 SoBe Life Waters
3 Propel Fitness Waters
4 banannas
3 boxes Trix Cereal
1 Herbal Essence Hairspray
2 bags Nature Valley Nut Clusters
1 box Fiber One cereal bars
2 boxes Warm Delight Desserts
2 boxes Yakisobe Cheesy Noodles (these were FREE)
1 box Scooby Doo Fruit Snacks
3 boxes Hamburger Helper in different varieties
1 case bottled water

And this here Tower of Yummy Delight is something I am very proud of! I got 3 things of BLUEBELL ICE CREAM FOR $8.00!!! That is unheard of these days! Wanna know my secret? A grocery store was running a 3/10.00 ad. If you go to the Bluebell website and register you can print out a coupon for $1.00 off! Luke and I both registered, so that gave us 2 coupons!
This better last a while!


3 comments:

Carrie said...

This is amazing....so wish I could learn!!!!

shauna maness said...

dude, seriously? i went to kroger today all inspired and EVERYTHING i buy is almost twice as expensive as at HEB... i need this class too!

i had one little bag and spent $50!!

i even used my kroger card...

i think i just need to be schooled!!

i am so glad that you are saving!!

Brandy said...

Shauna,
Look at Heather-Sit A Spell on my blog, she is hosting another class soon!

Brandy