Luke assisted a Japanese Cartoon Character!!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ok, Im not even going to pretend I know what Anime and Oni-Con is. All I know is there are alot of people out there that do! Kelsey had a volleyball tournament at the George R Brown Convention Center in Houston. Well apparently the other half of the building was being used for an Anime Convention. Anime is a Japanese cartoon, and I guess Oni-Con is this big festival that they have. We started out walking from our parking spot 3 miles away and I walked pass a guy wearing a racoon tail. Strange I thought, but we were in Houston. After that we passed more and more people in costume, all different costumes. I got a little nervous walking through them! I guess people dress up as their favorite anime character?
This guy was a little scary!

A little less scary...

Kickboxing?

After the tournament was over (around 11pm) Sunday night, we hiked the 3 miles back to our car. While pulling out of the parking lot a girl in a wierd dress and holey pantyhose started waving really big, while the guy next to her wearing a spiked dog collar watched..I told everyone "Look the other way, don't make eye contact!" Well someone looked! Shortly after, "Dog Boy" knocked on Lukes truck window and wanted to know if we could help jump start their car! Apparently cartoon vehicles use batteries too? Well we pulled up beside them and I couldn't resist a few photo opportunities! During this shot (I didnt want to roll my window down) the flash was really bright! Both of them turned around to see what the light was, and Luke started laughing, he knew what I was up to!

Here they are again, not a good quality pic, but I was a little wierded out and didnt want to roll down my window! There costumes were alot milder that most that I saw, but Im sure they masks on at some point!

Eventually the car started and we were all on our way, us back home, and them back to ToonTown!
And that folks is how my Luke assisted a Japanese Cartoon Character!

No comments: