This Mornings Check Up!!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I went to the doctor this morning. In one weeks time, I only dilated 1/2 a centimeter! I am now at a 1 1/2. (Men, you may want to stop reading now)
She asked me what I would like to do and I asked her what my options were. She said well lets go ahead and induce..so she called the hospital to see if the 4th, 5th, or 6th would be best and she came back in and told me the 4th, which is on a Monday. Since my cervix is only dilated to 1.5, she wants me to go in Sunday night and they will give me some type of medicine vaginally (cant think of the name of it) that will help "ripen" my cervix, and then bright and early Monday morning we will induce. I've heard different stories of inducing, some say it takes longer, some say it moves quickly. My sister was only in labor for 4.5 hours with her inducing, so Im hoping to take that path! I was at the hospital for like 14 hours before I had Kelsey, so, I hoping to not go there again!!! (she was not induced)

Wish me luck! I still have lots to do around the house, but Im thinking now that I have a date to work with, I will get more done! Of course she could always come sooner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was induced and was in labor for 10 min. I pushed ONCE. That stuff is MAGIC! lol (of course they had to give it to me a couple of times before it worked...)
Yay!!! Good Luck! Let us know!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I won't tell you my induction story until after Saylor is here. Lol.

Wow, Monday!! How exciting! I bet you'll be in major nesting mode for the rest of the week.