Things NOT to say to a pregnant person!!!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Im about 36 weeks now and am feeling really good..no major problems, Im having good spurts of energy, I don't FEEL like a fatty....my ankles are not swollen, I don't waddle..in other words Im feeling pretty good about this pregnancy body thing!

UNTIL I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS:

Went to Olive Garden for my 32nd Birthday. I get dressed up kinda cute with a black (black=slimming) shirt and jeans. We walk in and the hostess says Hi, CAN YOU FIT INTO A BOOTH!!!" Insead of giving me the booth/table option! My eyes got huge and of course Luke started laughing! Of course I was a little offended and said UH, yes, I would like a booth, and she says "WELL IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR ABOUT TO POP ANYDAY!!!" No lady, I have over a month to go is what I wanted to say, but just gave her this seat me now and give me my cheese garlic biscuts now smile.
After we sat down I was going on and on to Luke about how rude she was and little did I know she was cleaning off the table behind us, even though Im sure Luke saw her! She did come over and appoligize after that!

Today I was in Target making a return (which by the way is the BIGGEST headache in the world) and the girl helping me said, "I just want to tell you that you make such a cute pregnant person"...It was so nice to hear that! Then she opened her mouth again and said "So do you know what your having?" I said yes, a little girl and she said "OH THERE IS ONLY ONE IN THERE!!!!" Yep, only one was the only answer I could think of!!! Im sure steam was coming out of my ears!

AND if I hear "How much longer do you have, you look like your about to pop" one more time!!! POP?? Yea, I wish it was that easy, just stick a needle in me and POP, here is your baby!

OK, so I've vented...I feel better now...just be nice to us pregnant people...you know how hormonal we are!

3 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Good grief. Lol. Well for the record, you look adorably pregnant and not huge at all. I can't wait to see little Saylor!!!

Brandy said...

Thank You! And I say that as I sit here eating a piece of Strawberry Tres Leche cake!

Anonymous said...

The lady at Safeway said "When is your baby due?" to me yesterday. I looked around and said "What baby?" I waited till sweat formed on her upper lip to admit I was pregnant. I'm getting them back for ya girl. Enjoy your pregnancy. I've been diagnosed with some Pelvic thing where I cannot walk at all, (should clear up after the birth) Severe Anemia, and Gestational Diabetes. The later forces me to prick my finger FOUR TIMES DAILY and test it on a little machine. FUN TIMES!