The Grocery Game!!

Friday, February 20, 2009

OK, I did it, I finially joined The Grocery Game! It has been something I have wanted to do for a while, but wanted to wait until I was in Bryan more and had more time...My first trip to the grocery stores saved me at least 50%, and that is figuring the item at its sell price, not original price!
Yes, Im a goober, but I took pictures!
This 1st picture is of my purchases at Walgreens. I paid $16.07 for items that would have cost $33.00. My best buy here was a bottle of Asprin that was worth 4.99, I got it free. I had a coupon that said 1 FREE bottle of Asprin! Also the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner was $2.79, BOGO Free. I had a .50 coupon and then also got a $1.00 in earned bucks.

This is my purchase at CVS. At CVS you earn Extra Care Bucks good towards your next purchase, or whenever you want to use them...Its pretty much like CVS cash..I earned $12.00 in ECB!! My best buy here was probaly the Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner. It was on sale for 2.99 each. I had a coupon to save 1.00 off of 2, so I got each bottle for 1.50, and then I earned 1.00 in ECB for each bottle I bought. If you figure that in, I paid .50 for each bottle! The Venus Razor was on sale for 7.99. I had a coupon for 2.00 off, which brought it to 5.99, and then I got 4.00 in ECB!!!!

Here is some stuff I bought at HEB. I needed hamburger meat, so their Meal Deal worked out perfect for me! I had to buy 2 rolls of meat, and I got beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas, and taco seasoning for free! Glade air spray was on sale for 1.09 each, I had a coupon for 1.00 off of 2, so I got them for .50 each!

Kroger was my last stop. Kroger triples coupons for up to and including .39 cents. They double coupons up to and including .50. Everything else is at face value. I paid .20 each for these Totinos Pizza Rolls!!! They were on sale for 1.25. I had a .35 coupon, triple that, makes it 1.05, making the pizza rolls .20 a box!!
Also, I paid about .50 for the Grands biscuits!!


It was some work, but worth the savings!!!
When Kelsey got home from school, she called and asked me if she could eat the popcorn and I said yes of course, why. She said it looks like I had a display set up or something! Oops, must have forgotten to "un pose" my purchases!

7 comments:

Queen of the Misfits said...

when does kroger triple and double? is it automatic or do you have to tell them?

Erica said...

Girl, you did a great job! Can I hire you to do my shopping (LOL)!

Sandel said...

You did great!!!! It is fun but I do need to get better organized. How are you organizing your coupons? Maybe you could do a post to show us.

Lacie said...

ok... what is the "grocery game"? i need to know... that is some serious savings!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Have you visited moneysavingmom ? That is one of my favorite money saving sites! Good job girl!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandel. Show us how to organize those things! They just did a big thing on the news about the grocery game. It's huge here. I want to do it but I would have little slips of coupons alllll over this house. Good Job Brandy! Thanks for the education..amazing savings!!

Carrie said...

I'm impressed! I may need coupon tutoring!!!