This Weekend= Lots of Hard Work!!!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well this is how I spent my weekend...

Luke's backyard was not in the best shape
when he bought the house...We knew it
would be a long long road before it
started looking the way we wanted it to.
Here are some before and after pics...

This was the pool after working with if for several
weeks. This actually looks good compared to the
"Pond" that we started with. You couldn't see 3
inches into the water. Here it is looking a
little better, still murky, but not black!

And here it is after LOTS of work! You can
see straight to the bottom!
The previous owner had an obsession with
Thorn bushes. Now don't get me wrong, I
love a rose just as much as the next person,
but I've never felt the need to cover my yard
in them! This is the picket fence that
divides the pool area from the rest of the
yard. Guess what the fence was covered with?
Yep, Rose bushes...or should I say Thorn
bushes, we haven't seen a rose yet!


After cutting the rose bushes down, we planted
these tropical looking Palm Trees. We also
planted s hibiscus on each side of the tree.
It is hard to see in this pic since I took it
at night...but this is on each side of the gate.


This was their lattice work...which I though
was a good idea, since the pool pump is hidden
behind it..the wood was rotten, so it had to go.
Take one guess at what was growing all over
this, yep more roses!
Here is what it looked like after we tore the
lattuce fence down...see the pump, that is
what needs to be hidden..


We chose these plants to do the job. They
should grow to over 6 feet tall and they have
red tropical looking flowers..Oh, we are going
to plant them into the ground, we just ran out
of time!
Next Project: Moving Banana Trees!
Stay Tuned! :)

No comments: