Our Baptism!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. ROMANS 6:4
On Saturday Kelsey and I were both baptised at St. Marys Church, the same church that Luke and I will be married at in less than a month, by the same priest that will marry us. It was a beautiful service that was full of readings and music. At the beginning those to be baptised wore gray robes, and after we were baptised we changed into white robes to symbolize being washed clean of sin. Part of the service was candlelight which was very pretty, but it did make lots of people sleepy. (it started at 8:30pm and lasted 3 hours!)
It was a very special night and even more special because I was able to share it with my daughter. We have been preparing and waiting for this for over 6 months, so we were both very excited! We love our church and are so happy to be new members!!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so happy for both of you...what a special time for your family.

Christy said...

yay i'm so happy for you and Kelsey =) btw i miss you!!!!

Sandel said...

I am so proud of the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Only two more days until your big day. My thoughts will be with you and I hope it's AMAZING!!
-Your cousin Rhonda